Thursday, October 17, 2013

Parent/Teacher Conferences

Dear Parents,

     Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to come meet with me this week for our conferences. I enjoyed visiting with each of you about the progress I have seen so far with your children. I have to say, this is one of the best groups I have ever worked with. I love their personalities and intellectual insights. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of working with your child every day.
     As we move into the second semester there will be a few changes. I expect multiplication facts to be mastered at this time. Students who are still struggling may have to begin spending some recess time practicing. Mastering multiplication is vital as we begin moving into double digit and triple digit multiplication as well as division. Please encourage your child to practice their math facts at home. We will also begin our review of cursive. I will review cursive throughout second quarter. When we return from Christmas break I will expect spelling words and published papers to be written in cursive. Please encourage your child to practice this skill at home as well. My main goal is that all students are able to read literature written in cursive my the end of the year.
     Thank you again for all that you do. Your support makes my job so much easier. Please don’t hesitate to email me with questions or concerns. Thanks for a fantastic start to our year!

                                                   Working together,
                                                          Emalie Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment